O3 Make it
How is Ozone Made?

Medical ozone is made by passing 100% pure oxygen gas through a tube (corona discharge) through which electrical energy is directed. The energy breaks apart the oxygen molecules, and what emerges from the other side is a mixture of oxygen and ozone.

Ozone comprises only about 2% to 5% of the gas that comes out of a corona discharge medical ozone generator, with the remaining 95% to 98% being oxygen.  Ozone gas has a half life of approximately 1 hr at room temperature, however, cooling it will increase the half-life.

Methods of Ozone Generation 

Ultraviolet (UV)  – At 185 nm generates a low concentration O3. Comparable to naturally occurring ozone.

Corona Discharge  – Electric spark discharge. Created by lightning and medical ozone generators.

Electrolysis  – In-situ generation of ozone in water. Used in high purity water.

Plasma Block  – Used in wastewater and bottled water plants.

image001

Note:

Physicians:  Except for water/saline/oil ozonation use only 100% oxygen for ozone therapy.

Air contains 20% nitrogen, which when passed through the energy chamber, may produce toxic oxides

Translate »