You probably came to this page looking for the list of diseases that have been treated with ozone.
If that’s all you want, you can skip down and take a look.
However, a fundamental understanding of ozone therapy will serve you. You will be more equipped to understand your own ailment, how ozone works, when to use it, and how to explain the idea to others.
Ozone therapy is a relatively unknown subject despite it’s undeniably beneficial effects. Four primary factors contribute to why ozone therapy has not been accepted by conventional medicine.
- lack of regulation
- disinterest of health authorities
- lack of financial support
- skeptical and uninformed scientists
Our purpose is not to fight conventional medicine but to help people regain health.
We can help people to regain their health by allowing thorough education on ozone therapy. You can click here to read a fantastic article on the fundamentals of ozone therapy by Dr. Velio Bocci.
First we should address some common misconceptions about ozone.
- Ozone cleanses the body like it cleans the air
- Ozone kills bacteria, virus, and parasites in the body
- Ozone travels all over the body
- Ozone kills cancer cells in the body
- Ozone therapy is used as conventional medicine in Germany
- Ozone oxygenates the body
After reading that you might think, “Well why would I do ozone therapy then?”
Keep in mind, these are just misconceptions on the particulars of ozone. If we were to look at these points through a blurry lens we might say they are partly correct. But the issue with a partial truth is that it is still false. So we must understand the particulars of the therapy.
What does ozone therapy do inside the body?
Ozone is a potent disinfectant. It is able to kill bacteria and virus outside of the body. When we evaluate what happens inside the body, it is completely different. Ozone is unable to inactivate bacteria, viruses, and fungi in the body because there are powerful antioxidant systems that prevent it from doing so.
Rather, ozone acts as an enhancer of the immune system.
Ozone has been used for over 80 years now. There are over 40,000 doctors who practice ozone on a daily basis in over 100 countries. This has given rise to scientific research although more is still needed. One researcher stands out among the rest. His name is Dr. Velio Bocci from University of Sienna in Italy.
Dr. Velio Bocci has been dubbed, “The Father of Ozone” because of his in depth, 25 years of study on ozone and it’s medicinal qualities. This is a summarizing statement on what he says about ozone therapy,
“We have good reasons to believe that the therapeutic power of ozone therapy consists of simultaneously improving circulation and oxygen delivery, in enhancing the release of autacoids, growth factors and cytokines and in reducing the endogenous, chronic oxidative stress. In other words, ozone therapy seems to act as a biological response modifier … ozone triggers a series of biological mechanisms that lead to normalizing the delivery of oxygen for several days with consequent therapeutic effects.”
We often over simplify and boil ozone therapy down to these four points even though much more is actually happening.
- Increases oxygen efficiency – This does not increase the amount of oxygen that we take in. Increasing oxygen efficiency up regulates our ability to utilize oxygen. A very good thing.
- Immune modulation – it regulates the immune system. An underperforming immune system will be enhanced and an over performing immune system will be quieted down.
- Increases microcirculation – The ability for blood to flow where it should flow. When we are sick blood cannot flow where it needs to. When blood doesn’t flow properly there is not a good exchange of nutrients to support that area. Supporting microcirculation will allow for proper nutrient exchange.
- Detox – Due to the three points above, your body will then have an improved ability to detoxify itself and eliminate toxins.
Understand that ozone is not a drug that is going into your body and forcing something to happen. Ozone therapy is supporting the fundamental functions of the body. A healthy body will fight off disease better than any drug. So the goal with ozone therapy is to support and improve the natural systems of the body. THIS IS WHY IT CAN WORK WITH SO MANY AILMENTS!
Your body is the one doing the work. Ozone therapy is just the jumper cable to get the engine running again.
I often don’t like to post enormous lists of the diseases treated by ozone therapy because without the fundamental understanding of ozone it is easy to write it off as another, “miracle cure.” I do not claim ozone to be a miracle cure and I don’t believe it is one. Ozone therapy is a good tool in your toolbox of treating disease. This list should not be considered complete due to the fundamental nature of ozone therapy. Without further ado, here is the list of diseases treated that I promised.
Acute and Chronic Infections
Macular Degeneration (age related)
Acute and Chronice Ulcers
Chronic Fatigue Syndrom