Some people claim that ozone is a miracle cure, the box of magic beans that will cure cancer and heal every disease. And while it is true that ozone has staggering positive effects when used to treat the long list of diseases at the bottom of this page, here’s how ozone actually works.
Ozone stimulates and enhances your body’s natural defense mechanisms. Ozone is not a drug that forces something to happen inside your body. Drugs and medications, while often necessary, don’t always address the issue that goes deeper than the symptoms: your body’s ability to function at its highest level. While it’s not necessarily the fix-all that instantly heals every disease, correctly administered ozone has the potential to accomplish what more conventional medicine can’t.
That’s because ozone is a biological response modifier, which means it fundamentally modifies the way your cells work. Oxygen molecules have two oxygen atoms, but ozone has three. When ozone molecules come in contact with your cells, the third oxygen atom essentially bonds to your cells to improve these 4 primary effects:
- Oxygen efficiency
- Immune modulation
- Blood circulation
Read on to learn more about these effects.
But first, please understand that our intention at Drs Ozone is not to fight conventional medicine. Our desire is simply to help people achieve optimal health with a thorough education on ozone.
The benefits of ozone are many, from preventative health to skincare to treatment of wounds and diseases. So why isn’t it used more widely by conventional medicine? There are four primary factors –
- Lack of regulation in the medical community
- Disinterest of health authorities
- Lack of financial support
- Skeptical and uninformed scientists
These four factors are also tied to ozone therapy’s lack of FDA approval.
Despite the seeming controversy, ozone has been used for over 80 years now. There are more than 40,000 doctors who practice ozone on a daily basis in over 100 countries. This has given rise to a great deal of scientific research (although more is always needed)
Click here to read a fantastic article on the fundamentals of ozone therapy by Dr. Velio Bocci, who has been called “The Father of Ozone” for his 25-year study on the medicinal qualities of ozone.
He summarizes his findings in the quote below:
“We have good reasons to believe that the therapeutic power of ozone therapy consists of simultaneously improving circulation and oxygen delivery, in enhancing the release of autacoids, growth factors and cytokines and in reducing the endogenous, chronic oxidative stress. In other words, ozone therapy seems to act as a biological response modifier … ozone triggers a series of biological mechanisms that lead to normalizing the delivery of oxygen for several days with consequent therapeutic effects.”
Boiling it down to simpler terms, here are the 4 primary effects mentioned above that ozone therapy has on the body:
- Increases oxygen efficiency – Oxygen efficiency is not the amount of oxygen taken in, but rather the body’s ability to utilize oxygen – a process often hindered by illness.
- Stimulates immune modulation – Ozone regulates the immune system. An underperforming immune system will be boosted by it while an overactive immune system will be settled and normalized by it
- Improves microcirculation – Microcirculation is essentially the ability for blood to flow where it should flow. Sickness often prevents proper blood flow, which in turn decreases nutrient exchange. Without sufficient microcirculation, nutrients such as oxygen won’t get where they need to go. Ozone improves microcirculation.
- Encourages natural detox – Thanks to the three factors above, ozone stimulates the body’s natural ability to eliminate toxins. Your body is designed to detoxify itself, and ozone only improves this natural ability.
How can ozone do all of this? The simple answer is that ozone is “oxygen on steroids”.
Ozone (O3) is comprised of three oxygen atoms, whereas oxygen (O2) is, of course, made of only two oxygen atoms. When the electricity from an ozone generator comes in contact with oxygen molecules, the atoms separate from each other and fly solo. Oxygen atoms don’t like to be alone for long, and when they come back together some of them bond in clusters of three, forming ozone molecules. While ozone is harmful to breathe in, it is extremely beneficial when administered correctly via the bloodstream, rectum, skin or other administrations.
Since ozone is not a “miracle cure”, it’s not always a good idea to post long lists of what it can treat so people don’t write it off as just more snake oil. But bear in mind that ozone is not forcing your body to do anything. The fact that ozone works to boost and support your body’s natural functions is precisely why it’s able to address and treat so many diseases. Due to the fundamental nature of ozone, the following list should not be considered comprehensive.
Regardless, here are some of the many conditions that can be (and often are) treated by ozone therapy.
Acute and Chronic Infections
Macular Degeneration (age related)
Acute and Chronice Ulcers
Chronic Fatigue Syndrom