Ozone Therapy Education 2018-02-19T16:36:56+00:00

Ozone Therapy Education

Clinical Effects of Ozone Therapy
Half Life of Ozone
How Is Ozone Made?
Medical Ozone Concentrations
Oxidative Medicine Terms
Ozone Fun Facts
Ozone Therapies in Veterinary Medicine

Ozone can produce different effects according to the chosen concentration and the way of its administration. There are plenty of studies that back up the following comments.

  • Bactericidal, fungicidal and virucidal
  • Anti-inflammatory effect
  • Ozone analgesic effect
  • Detoxification effect
  • Activation of oxygen-dependent processes
  • Optimization of pro- and anti-oxidant
  • Ozone’s haemostatic effect
  • Ozone’s immunomodulating effect

View More

View More

A physician will want to know if the ozone they are using is at the correct “gamma” or ozone concentration. Time will diminish the strength of the ozone, for example, in water it is as little as 20 minutes.

Usually ozone has to be made on site or used within the day depending on a number of factors. The half life of ozone is the time it takes for the concentration of ozone or “gamma” to become one half of its original strength.

If I make a 50 gamma ozone and the half life is 20 minutes then in 20 minutes it will only have 25 gamma.

  • Used medically since the early 1900s. Germany was in the forefront for its use and development.
  • Suppressed in the US and other countries as pharmaceuticals took over the power position of medical care. From 1976 up to today, the FDA says: “Ozone is a toxic gas with no known medical use.”
  • Germany has continued in the development of ozone generators and medical use.
  • Over the last 20 years almost 30 countries have established medical ozone organizations that serve to help educate physicians and standardize practices.

View More

View More

Medical ozone is made by passing 100% pure oxygen gas through a tube (corona discharge) through which electrical energy is directed. The energy breaks apart the oxygen molecules, and what emerges from the other side is a mixture of oxygen and ozone.

Ozone comprises only about 2% to 5% of the gas that comes out of a corona discharge medical ozone generator, with the remaining 95% to 98% being oxygen. Ozone gas has a half life of approximately 1 hr at room temperature, however, cooling it will increase the half-life.

Minor AHT – 5cc of 45 gamma and mix with 5cc of blood.
Major AHT – 45 gamma – equal amounts of blood and ozone.
Bladder insufflation – 10 gamma.

Prolozone – 20 gamma after other nutrients and procaine added.

Water/saline ozonation for external use – usually over 50 gamma up to 100 gamma.

Rectal ozone – 20 gamma to start and then go up to 40-45 gamma.
Limb bagging – 80-90 gamma for infection then 40 gamma for wound healing.

View More

View More
  • Autohemotherapy
  • Major Autohemotherapy (MAHT)
  • Minor Autohemotherapy (mAHT)
  • Direct Intravenous Ozone (DIV)
  • Gamma
  • Insufflation
  • Limb Bagging
  • Ozone Cupping
  • Ozonated Water or Saline
  • Ozone Sauna
  • Prolozone
  • Plug Cleaning
  • UBI or UVBI (Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation)
  • UVO3

An experiment was conducted on a small flock of turkeys that was raised for six weeks in a controlled environment in which their food was ozonated, their water was ozonated and their air was constantly maintained at 0.28 – 0.30 ppm ozone – above the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) human permissible exposure limit (PEL) of 0.1 ppm. Their survival and health was notably superior to two control groups, the first of which had no ozone at all, and the second of which had their food and water ozonated but not their air. The survival rate of the first group was about 60%. The second group was about 80%. The totally ozonated group was 100% with about a 10% weight gain advantage. There are now large ozonated water drinking troughs for cattle being used.

View More

View More

Holistic (a.k.a. Integrative or Complementary) Veterinary Medicine is the examination and diagnosis of an animal, considering all aspects of the animal’s life and employing all of the practitioner’s senses, as well as the combination of conventional and alternative (or complementary) modalities of treatment. When a holistic veterinarian sees a pet, besides giving it a comprehensive physical examination, he/she wants to find out all about its behaviors, distant medical and dietary history, and its environment including diet, emotional stresses, and other factors.