Rectal insufflation with an ozone/oxygen gas mixture is increasingly being used as a systemic therapeutic form, and it is viewed by many as an alternative to Major Auto Hemo Therapy. It is simple, lost-cost, and nearly void of adverse reactions when administered in the proper dosage.
Locally, rectal insufflation can help treat:
- Icerous colitis
- Proctitis, stages I and II
- Anal fistulae and fissures
Systemically, this form of therapy can be used for:
- Indications cited for MAH
- Hepatitis B and C
It is often recommended that an enema or colonic of some kind be used prior to the insufflation.
Cuban literature recommends an ozone concentration of 40 μg/ml and 200 ml, for a duration of 20 daily sessions.
German literature recommends rectal insufflation 10–25 μg/ml max. 300 ml
Russian literature says the procedures are done with Janet syringe or with a help of special poly-chlor-vinil tube with a patient lying on the left side with knees bent. Purgative enema is to be done two hours before the procedure. Rectal insufflations are done with the ozone concentration in ozone/oxygen mixture of 10-60 mg/l, the volume ranges from 150 ml to 1,000 ml, depending on the pathology, its course, and stage. For newborns, the volume is 20-50 ml, and for children it is 50-100 ml (H. Dorstewitz, 1990).
American authors set the following concentration levels:
- 1st treatment – 20 μg/ml and 100 cc
- Increase daily by increments of 5 gamma and reach a final gamma of up to 40 μg/ml and up to 400 cc or as the patient can tolerate. This continues for a 21-day cycle, stops for 2 months and then repeats if needed.
The Madrid Declaration is more conservative and puts rectal ozone in three application doses.
|Low||10 μg/ml and 100 ml|
|Medium||20 μg/ml and 100 ml|
|High||30 μg/ml and 150 ml|
18.104.22.168 LOW RANGE
- Biological regeneration
22.214.171.124 LOW-MIDDLE RANGE
- Chronic kidney failure
- Neurovegetatives illnesses: Alzheimer, parkinson, dementia syndromes.
- Pulmonary illnesses: Emphysema, COPD, acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Ophthalmological illnesses: Retinosis pigmentarias, cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration related to age.
- Hematology illnesses: Thalassaemia B, scklemia.
- Vascular Illnesses: HTN, venous insufficiency, peripheral arterial illness, CVA, cardiacs ischemia,veined stasis.
126.96.36.199 MIDDLE-HIGH RANGE
- Viral Illnesses: Herpes simple, herpes zoster, AIDS, hepatitis A, B, C, human papilloma virus.
- Cerebral palsy
- Dermatological illnesses
- Orthopedic illnesses
- Candidiasis and cryptosporidiosis.
- Allergic illnesses
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Lupus erythematosus systemic
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Crohn’s illness
- Intestine inflammatory illnesses
- Multiple sclerosis
Rectal ozone application is simple, low-cost and practically free of adverse reactions when dosages are adhered to.